20th May 2019
What Information we collect
Personal data means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data which has been anonymised so that a person’s identity has been removed. We collect various types of information and in a number of ways. For example, we record:
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you request details about our touring theatre productions or make a booking for a performance or drama based work in a school.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
How and why we use your data
We may process the personal data of anyone who interacts with the company. This may include, but is not limited to:
- Permanent staff, contracted actors, other freelance associates
- Job applicants
- Teachers and other staff from schools where we work
- Other professional associates
We may retain any information that you provide which is relevant and necessary for us to deliver our work producing theatre in education performances and drama-based learning activities for children and young people. This data may include contact email addresses, telephone numbers, job titles, a history of your working relationship with the Blahs and your requirements/interests in future areas of work. We may also store data in the form of photographs of the cast and audiences at our performances, where appropriate consent has been obtained in advance.
In the event of the company engaging in philanthropic giving, we will include directions for compliance with online donor giving.
- We use your banking details to process donations you have made to us and your contact details to send you a receipt for such donations.
- Sometimes it is necessary to process your data for us to comply with our legal obligations, for instance when, if applicable, we send information to HMRC in order to claim Gift Aid.
- When you give us your personal information in connection with making a donation, note that we will also use this information anonymously (never your financial information) for internal reporting and analysis.
The Legal Basis On Which We Process Your Personal Data
We process your data on the following legal bases:
When you make a booking with us, you are entering into a contract with us. In order to fulfil this contract we need to process and store your data. For example we may need to contact you by email or telephone in the case of cancellation of a show, or in the case of problems with your payment.
Legitimate Business Interests
Producing theatre in education is a collaborative process which involves effective communication between schools staff, theatre makers and other professionals involved in delivering arts based learning to children and young people. We therefore collect and process your personal data for purposes that are in our legitimate organisational interests. However we only do this if there is no overriding prejudice to you by using your personal information in this way.
Consent and Soft Opt-In
We may use your contact information to send you digital communications directly, only if you have given us your consent by opting in to receive such mailings from us. If you have been in contact with us in the past, or received prior communications from us, we would love to keep in touch with you about our work. All our email communications contain the option for you to update your preferences, plus an unsubscribe option to allow you to opt out of any marketing messages at any time.
Sharing your Data
This is currently the only scenario in which we share data with an external data processor.
We have put in place appropriate safeguards (both in terms of our procedures and the technology we use) to keep your personal information as secure as possible. We will ensure that any third parties we use for processing your personal information do the same.
Under the GDPR, you have the right:
- To opt out of any marketing activities,
- To ask for a copy of any data we hold on you
- To ask us to delete your data
Please use the contact details at the end of this policy if you would like to exercise these rights.
Updates to this Privacy Statement
As Theatre Company Blah Blah Blah is undergoing a strategic review of our work, future business plans may involve new marketing activities and new target audiences. In this case we will review any new proposed activities against the requirements of GDPR and any other relevant legislation/ industry best practice, and ensure that all data processing is done in compliance with the regulations.
Please get in touch if you would like to discuss any aspect of this privacy statement, or the data we process about you for our legitimate business interests.
Telephone: 0113 426 1394